The safety and security of the Worcester Academy Community is our top priority. We feel that campus safety and security is part of the educational process and encourage all members of the WA community to reach out for assistance when needed.
Security officers monitor the campus 24 hours a day 7 days a week both patrolling on foot and by car. Access to academic buildings and residence halls is limited by key card access.
Some of the services campus safety provides to the WA community include:
- Safety call phones (blue light) are installed at various locations around campus
- Annual fire and safety drills prepare students faculty and staff for any potential crisis scenarios.
- Regular review of campus safety policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Shuttle service from south campus parking areas during the school year
- Walking escorts when requested
- Assisting students, faculty, staff, and visitors on campus matters
- In the event of an emergency Worcester Academy activates communications systems, including web-based alerts and on campus emergency notifications to promptly reach all school constituencies.
In the event of a campus emergency always dial 911, followed by a call to Campus Security at 508-769-2670.