Worcester Academy’s International Summer program takes place three weeks prior to the official start of the upcoming school year.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• New Worcester Academy International Students, Grades 9 to 11
• Returning Worcester Academy International Students, Grades 10 to 12
• International Students attending another preparatory school, Grades 9 to 12
• International Students who will return to their home country after the program concludes
August 6 - 27, 2017
Arrival: August 6, 2017
Classes Begin: August 7, 2017
Program Ends: August 26, 2017 (non WA Students) and August 27, 2017 (WA Students)
APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT FORMS
New and returning Worcester Academy students are automatically accepted into the Summer Program. Please submit the completed Worcester Academy Summer Program Agreement form and summer tuition payment with your regular session school documents. Students from other preparatory schools and students who will be returning to their home country after the Summer Program must submit a Worcester Academy Summer Program Application. Once you are accepted to the Summer Program you are required to submit the Worcester Academy Summer Program Agreement form and summer tuition payment.
SUMMER PROGRAM TUITION
• $4,650 (USD) per student
• Tuition includes: program, housing, meals, day trips, books, and related material costs — other purchases are the student’s responsibility.
• Non-WA students are charged an additional $250 for required health insurance.
• Optional linen and laundry service fee: $150.
The application, agreement, and tuition are due April 10, 2017. Rolling admission begins after April 10 as space allows.
• SAT Prep (reasoning test, preparation for college admission testing)
• EFL (English as a Foreign Language)
• TOEFL PREP (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
ACTIVITIES AND TRIPS
Activities include athletics and day trips to nearby points of interest such as Boston, Cape Cod, New York City, New Hampshire, Six Flags amusement park, college and university tours, Old Sturbridge Village historical museum, and Wrentham Village shopping outlets.