Girls’ JV basketball continues unbeaten as they pushed their slate to 11-0 with a win Saturday over Phillips Exeter Academy. Strong guard play from Kelsey Wandyse, Alice Proctor and Angelina Mancini have been the staple for the team throughout this impressive run. The team will look to extend their streak on Wednesday when they host St. Andrew’s School at 4:00 pm.
- Girls’ Varsity basketball lost their 1st game of the season on Monday afternoon falling to Putnam Science Academy in Connecticut by a 70-67 count. The team trailed by 17 but fought back and sent the game into overtime before the host team was able to pull away and secure the win. In perhaps their toughest stretch of the year the team traveled to Marianapolis Prep (3rd meeting of the year) and rebounded nicely with a hard-fought 58-53 win. Saturday’s win over Phillips Exeter Academy has the team back in a nice rhythm and pointing towards a strong play-off run.
- Boys’ Varsity basketball went 3-0 on the week securing non-league wins over Exeter and Cheshire and a AA victory Saturday evening over Wilbraham & Monson. They begin a challenging week with an important contest at St. Andrew’s School on Wednesday. Senior Matt Corey had a solid week and was ably assisted by the consistent trio of Mitch Doherty (team leading 23 against Wilbraham), Judson Martindale (27 against Exeter) and Quest Harris (ESPN top 10 dunk in closing minutes of Friday win over Cheshire).
- Varsity boys’ ice hockey struggled outside their Holt Conference game with (Portsmouth Abbey). A 7-1 road win was impressive but sandwiched around road losses to both Groton School and NMH. Pingree will provide the opposition on Wednesday afternoon in a key Holt Conference match-up.
- Varsity girls’ ice hockey was paired against two ISL powers during the week and fell to both Rivers and BB&N in closely contested matches. Junior Grace Bruno had two goals and an assist in the week. Wednesday’s rematch with the Winchendon School will afford the team an opportunity to get back on track as they push for a play-off spot in the upcoming D II New England Championships.
- Congratulations to senior wrestlers Aidan Ormsby and Jared Bushnell who secured spots in the upcoming New England Class A Wrestling meet with impressive showings in Saturday’s Class A Championships at Andover. The pair will travel to Green Farm Academy for the New England meet this weekend.
- Varsity ski team was prepared to travel to the North country on Wednesday for the Class C New England Championships at Shawnee Peak but the event has been canceled due to poor weather conditions. The final race of the CMSL, however, is still on for Friday afternoon at Mt. Wachusett.
- Varsity 2 boys’ basketball dropped their lone contest in the week falling to Commonwealth Academy by a 70-61 count. Kevin Cox (18) and Mike Harvey (16) registered double digit scoring for the Hilltoppers. The two teams will pair up again on Saturday with an 11:00 am tip-off scheduled here on Rowe Court.
- Freshman basketball continued their imp [restive run (win streak now up to 6 games) as Gabe Pitts poured in a team high 26 points in a 45-41 road win over Auburn High School. They will be in search of a 7th consecutive win on Wednesday as they host the Fenn School at 3:15 pm.
- Swim team dropped a 51-41 meet with the Winsor School on Wednesday afternoon.
- JV boys’ basketball will look to snap a skid when it travels to Andover on Wednesday for a 4:00 pm contest. Exeter and NMH’s size and depth were too much for the Hilltoppers to counter as they dropped both games during the week.
Co-Athletes of the Week:
Judson Martindale ’20 – Boys’ Varsity Basketball
Grace Bruno ’20 – Girls’ Varsity Hockey