We will customize an academic schedule for you based on your high school transcript and your college goals. Our curriculum offers you AP college credit courses, as well as college prep level courses with semester electives in the arts and humanities to round out your course load. Your schedule must include a minimum of four core courses per semester.
We’ll offer you a structured study hall five nights a week with a mandatory introductory period (the first 6 weeks of classes) to help you improve study skills and to establish an effective routine. This structure is so effective that most of our postgraduate students opt to continue with their structured study even after the first six weeks of classes.
- You’ll be assigned a faculty advisor who will work closely with you to monitor and guide your academic and extracurricular activities and your personal development and welfare. You’ll meet weekly to discuss your progress both in and out of the classroom.
- You’ll receive expert guidance from our college counselors in a process that will place “fit” and your satisfaction at the center of the selection process.
- Our 1-to-1 laptop program will integrate technology into all of your courses.
- You’ll be part of a “dorm family” consisting of 5–10 dorm mates and an on-campus faculty “parent.” Your “family” will have weekly dinners where you’ll discuss social events, dorm life, goal setting, and more.
- Our very strong athletic teams compete at the NEPSAC Class A level.
TALENTED AND SUPPORTIVE MENTORS
In the classroom, you’ll be consistently challenged by the innovative teaching of an accomplished faculty, all within the framework of a classic college-preparatory curriculum. We believe that there are also many important life lessons to be learned outside of the classroom. Our leadership opportunities, arts, athletics, exciting extracurricular options, and community service requirement all will allow you to expand your understanding of yourself and your capabilities. Your postgraduate year of study will not only better prepare you for college, it will also provide you with the conviction to Achieve the Honorable
throughout your life.
HISTORIC URBAN CAMPUS
A rich, fulfilling, urban residential life will complete your experience. You’ll learn to balance your class work and your study with a plethora of co-curricular pursuits. By spending a solid year growing together with your fellow postgrads in Massachusetts’ second largest city, you’ll learn not only independence, but also the skills necessary to live in a global learning community. You’ll form relationships with adult mentors and peers that will last throughout your life. Postgrads at Worcester learn to work to their full potential and learn to honor their responsibilities – to themselves and to their community. Will you join us?