For those of you who need additional support to reach your goals, Worcester Academy's Center for Learning is here to help. Our Center for Learning (CFL) is designed to offer academic support for Upper School students with documented learning needs. We provide:
- Targeted, strategic instruction, based on the student's specific learning needs, to foster success and independence.
- Individualized support for students who struggle in areas such as time management, organization, note taking, reading comprehension, writing, study skills, and test taking due to documented learning issues.
There is an additional fee for CFL services. This fee depends upon the number of sessions required (as determined by the director of CFL) and incudes one-to-one support as well as the following where applicable:
- A comprehensive learning profile that identifies strengths and weaknesses as described by the student’s formal educational evaluation.
- Regular consultation with teachers to ensure complete understanding of each individual learning profile.
- Collaboration between learning specialists and classroom teachers to implement recommended strategies.
- Support with assistive technologies, including access to digital text when available.
- Timely communication with parents/guardians, including formal progress reports.
- Coordination of in-class test taking accommodations as well as application for these accommodations to the College Board and ACT.