Real world learning that’s innovative, demanding, and comprehensive. Education means preparing for success in the real world. At Worcester Academy, the educational experience is as engaging as it is rigorous and challenging.
Learning happens in the classroom, on campus, throughout the city, and around the globe. Our students focus on both classic studies and up-to-the minute subjects. We make use of the most innovative technologies and practices, while centering our curriculum on traditional principals of responsibility, excellence, and achievement.
With an average class size of 14, every student has the opportunity to thrive and flourish. Because our students are at the heart of all we do, they receive the kind of individual attention and encouragement that prepares them to embrace the real world and achieve their life goals.
Learn more about the value of a real world education. Apply, inquire, or contact Worcester Academy today.
|Each student at Worcester Academy is provided a laptop for school and home use. Students with laptops are more active learners and more engaged in problem solving and critical thinking. In addition, research has indicated that students with laptops develop better writing and computer skills. Additionally, our faculty receive on-going professional development to make the 1-to-1 environment effective and relevant for their students. Our educational practices and teaching materials have adapted to reflect our use of laptops in a wireless learning environment accompanied by other tech resources.|
A Learner at Worcester Academy . . .
- Embraces and lives up to the core values of the school.
- Is a dynamic learner, who engages in critical and creative thinking and uses a variety of problem solving skills.
- Effectively uses appropriate, real-world tools as a part of the learning and thinking process.
- Collaborates and works well as part of a team.
- Sees relevance and connections in the classroom, the community, and the world.
- Engages in effective and interactive communication, including a range of multimedia applications in addition to traditional writing and oral communication.
- Is a knowledgeable person, with a grounding in a range of academic disciplines.
- Makes informed, healthy choices.
- Exhibits personal and social responsibility.