Upper School 5-Day Boarding Admission
|A real world education with the best of both worlds. |
Enjoy the academic, athletic and social benefits of boarding. Maintain strong hometown ties with friends, club athletic teams or religious communities. Worcester Academy's 5-day boarding program offers the best of both worlds. This boarding option provides a focused experience with more time to dedicate to academics and high expectations yet, allows the flexibility to access home and family.
For families who live less than two hours from Worcester, the additional investment for 5-day boarding pays dividends in the form of increased academic support and structure for the student and minimized commute time and stress for parents. It's all the little things gained that add up to value for our families.
- Boarding students enjoy the extra sleep time in the morning which is important for optimal learning and development.
- Parents and students avoid the challenges of commuting and evening meal prep which can be tricky when juggling a career and after-school activities.
- The required 2-hour evening study hall offers additional access to teaching faculty. Whether in the library or in the dorm, students can seek peer and faculty tutoring which removes the stress placed on parents to assist with homework. Evening Study Hall provides an environment that is relatively free from the distractions of home (siblings, TV, phone, video games, etc.).
- Sunday evening through Friday, meals are worry-free. Your student eats in our Dining Hall where a variety of healthy and delicious meals are ready and waiting.
- The relationships formed while living with students of varying cultures are both unique and treasured.
- Across campus and in dorms, we supply wireless printing and internet which takes tech support off your shoulders. Remember, your kids are a Skype call away.
- Visit our Health Office pages to review programs and services provided to our students as well as download health forms necessary for students to start classes.
Boarding allows students to develop skills crucial for success in college
and in life, including the ability to engage with a diverse set of peers, and a high level of personal responsibility and independence. The 5-day program fosters close, lasting relationships with students and faculty in a safe, supportive environment while allowing students to develop good study habits that serve them well in the high school and college environments.